[Beowulf] Which Xeon supports NUMA?

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Wed Mar 19 04:08:46 PDT 2008

----- "Chris Samuel" <csamuel at vpac.org> wrote:

> So either this was in the early days of CSI, or there are/were
> other Intel AMD64 NUMA boxes out there that none of us know about..

Aha - to answer myself this even predates the core architecture, rolling
our clocks back to 2005 we find this message from an IBM kernel developer
correcting Andi Kleen (then the x86_64 maintainer) on the issue:

This is quoted from http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/10/17/183 :

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 05:40:56PM +0200, Andi Kleen wrote:
[...]
> Intel NUMA x86 machines are really rare

No they are not.  IBM X460s are generally available machines and the bug
affects those boxes.

So there you go!

cheers,
Chris