[Beowulf] NMI (Non maskable interrupts)

csamuel at vpac.org csamuel at vpac.org
Tue Mar 18 05:53:32 PDT 2008

----- "Mark Hahn" <hahn at mcmaster.ca> wrote:

> how about trying a new kernel?  the above is 2.6.24.3.  note that
> there are important security fixes that you might be missing if
> you're running certain ranges of old kernels...

We also saw performance improvements going to the mainline
kernel (2.6.24.*) from the CentOS 5 kernels.

Don't forget to make sure you're not disabling ACPI on
Barcelona by booting with noacpi, if you do then the
kernel won't learn that it's a NUMA box as the old K8
table hack doesn't work on K10h and you'll get much
worse memory bandwidth.

cheers,
Chris