[Beowulf] FYI: HPC Server 2008 hits top 25

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Wed Jun 25 18:49:34 PDT 2008

His boss wrote fortran on OS/360 (and liked it!).  WatFOR, WatFIV, IBM
FORT-G and FORT-H, with intermediate step manual optimization.
atmospheric models and radar propagation models, plus a few system hacks
(how high can the paper arch coming out of the line printer at full-rate
pate-eject?).

   I doubt we could convince someone to free up enough systems and time
to load Hercules up and run that way but it might be fun.  In an odd,
perverted sorta way.