[Beowulf] FYI: HPC Server 2008 hits top 25

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 10:54:05 PDT 2008

MS isn't famous for new development (as scientists see "new development")
but a few hundred engineers would not be such a big investment for them.

I'd be more interested in a comparison of that many whatever, quad core
xeon? running linux vs MS's running Cluster Server 2008. CP/M could be a
pretty powerful OS if it ran on enough nodes :-) and of course I think of XP
as CP/M v.99 (approximately) (although that isn't fair to VMS, the forebear
of NT)

Peter