[Beowulf] Again about NUMA (numactl and taskset)

Vincent Diepeveen diep at xs4all.nl
Mon Jun 23 09:41:21 PDT 2008

I would add to this:

"how sure are we that a process (or thread) that allocated and
initialized and writes to memory at a single specific memory node,
also keeps getting scheduled at a core on that memory node?"

It seems to me that sometimes (like every second or so) threads jump
from 1 memory node to another. I could be wrong,
but i certainly have that impression with the linux kernels.

That said, it has improved a lot, now all we need is a better
compiler for linux. GCC is for my chessprogram generating an
executable that gets  22% slower positions per second than visual c++
2005 is.

Thanks,
Vincent