NDAs Re: [Beowulf] Nvidia, cuda, tesla and... where's my double floating point?

Karen Shaeffer shaeffer at neuralscape.com
Mon Jun 16 19:52:43 PDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 06:14:00PM -0700, Greg Lindahl wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 05:51:21PM -0700, Bill Broadley wrote:
>
> > Personally finding a port of McCalpin's stream seeing 50GB/sec or so
> > caught my attention.
>
> Well, given that GPUs don't do so hot on Linpack, one should hope that
> they're close to peak on *something* !
>
> For a while I was trying to incite some friends to go do a CPU that
> plugged into VRAM, but it didn't get very far.
>
> -- greg

Hi all,
I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way. I think Nvidia is
very serious about their technology. But they do appear to have
some QA issues with their technologies. I might want to consider
that, if I was an early adopter of new technology from Nvidia.
BTW, I have done no serious evaluation of that statement, although
I have experience finding some issues with their technology in the
past.

Thanks,
Karen
--