[Beowulf] RHEL5 network throughput/scalability

Walid walid.shaari at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 12:55:23 PDT 2008

Dear All,

It is lame, however i managed to get the following kernel paramter to scale
well in terms of both performance per node, and scalability over  a high
bandwidth low latency network

net.ipv4.tcp_workaround_signed_windows = 1

net.ipv4.tcp_congestion_control = vegas

net.ipv4.tcp_tso_win_divisor = 8

net.ipv4.tcp_rmem = 4096      87380   174760

net.ipv4.tcp_wmem = 4096      16384   131072

net.ipv4.tcp_mem = 786432     1048576 1572864

net.ipv4.route.max_size = 8388608

net.ipv4.route.gc_thresh = 524288

net.ipv4.icmp_ignore_bogus_error_responses = 0

net.ipv4.icmp_echo_ignore_broadcasts = 0

net.ipv4.tcp_max_orphans = 262144

net.core.netdev_max_backlog = 2000

regards

Walid