[Beowulf] regarding Religious Wars, vi

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 08:20:50 PDT 2008

My last post bounced (I cancelled it out of the moderator queue, he's busy
enough) on account of excessive length (growing included predecessors that I
can forget, on account of the way Gmail keeps track and hides text I've seen
already).

So in brief:

I just realized that vi is the **only** thing where I never use the mouse. I
even use the mouse (now) in the DOS command interpreter ("edit", "mark"...)
instead of control-V etc. It must just be that there was no mouse when I
learned vi. It's the only environment where I'm really fast. I vim scripts
when real power-hacker sysadmins would compose at the command line, and I
code C rather than hack scripts if I don't have exactly the command I want
for my script.

Peter