[Beowulf]Infrastruture planning for small HPC 40/100 gigabyet eyhernet or Infiniband?

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Thu Jul 24 05:33:02 PDT 2008

My next home will have multiple fiber pairs to high-use rooms, plus
convenience wireless.  I don't intend to pull copper through the walls.

I plan to put switches in rooms that need multi-drop and have at least
one pair of fiber for high-speed access for a server, NAS, or cluster
leading back to the wiring closet and patch panel.

With a glass infrastructure you can support a lot of technologies.

gerry