[Beowulf] A press release

Kyle Spaans kspaans at student.math.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Jul 10 08:00:40 PDT 2008

OK, is it just me? All of my messages seem to take days to get to the list because the moderator has to approve them?
I'm pretty sure that I'm subscribed properly.

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 09:02:25AM -0400, Robert G. Brown wrote:
> I do that the Titorheads will attack and I'll have to once again
> unconvincingly deny that I am, in fact, John Titor.

John Titor? WOW! I remember reading about ``him'' a couple of years ago when I was in highschool.
I never thought I'd see a reference to ``him'' in a place like this! ;)

On a "programming languages" note, my school may be a little better than most. The first-year CS cirriculum has moved entirely away from Java, and the main class is now taught in Scheme, with C as the steping-stone to 2nd-year imperative languages.
There are also "CS for non-majors" classes in Python I believe. I can't comment on upper-year project type things though, because I'm only in my 2nd year. :)