[Beowulf] A press release

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb17 at duke.edu
Thu Jul 3 09:09:49 PDT 2008

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 at 9:34am, Tim Cutts wrote
> On 2 Jul 2008, at 4:22 pm, Prentice Bisbal wrote:

>> B. Red Hat has done such a good job of spreading FUD about the other
>> Linux distros, management has a cow if you tell them you're installing
>> something other than RH.

Erm, do you have any examples of that?  All I see is RH a) trying to sell
their product (nothing wrong with that) and b) in general, being a pretty
good member of the OSS community.

> Fedora did not exist, and I'm still not sure how separate from Red Hat Fedora
> and CentOS really are, but that's probably just my ignorance.  The fact that

CentOS is in no way officially associated with Red Hat.  At all.  They use
the freely available RHEL SRPMs to build the distribution, and they report
bugs upstream when they find them.  But that's it.

As for Fedora, see <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board>.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
QB3 Shared Cluster Sysadmin