[Beowulf] automount on high ports

Henning Fehrmann henning.fehrmann at aei.mpg.de
Tue Jul 1 09:47:47 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 01, 2008 at 10:53:06AM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Henning Fehrmann <henning.fehrmann at aei.mpg.de> writes:
> > we need to automount NFS directories on high ports to increase the
> > number of possible mounts. Currently, we are limited up to ca 360 mounts.
>

> Thus, your problem sounds rather odd. There is no obvious reason you
> should be limited to 360 connections.
>
> Perhaps your problem is not what you think it is at all. Could you
> explain it in more detail?

I guess it has also something to do with the automounter. I am not able
to increase this number.
But even if the automounter would handle more we need to be able to
use higher ports:
netstat shows always ports below 1024.

tcp        0      0 client:941         server:nfs

We need to mount up to 1400 nfs exports.

Cheers
Henning