[Beowulf] Structural analysis and design

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 09:56:06 PST 2008

I'd ask Civil Engineers, I think.
I see at http://www.icivilengineer.com/Software_Guide/Structural_Analysis/
(which
has descritptions and "free demos" of various CE software packages) that
Etabs is "A suite of linear & nonlinear static & dynamic analysis & design
of building systems. " The term "structural analysis" didn't get me any
meaningful hits at Sourceforge; unfortunately "civil engineering" isn't a
subproject of the twenty thousand "science and engineering projects" but you
might take a look through the Simulations project at
http://sourceforge.net/softwaremap/trove_list.php?form_cat=600, there are
over a thousand items and some keyword might jump out at you.

Somewhere, there is a Civil Engineer thinking, "it would be crazy for all
the traffic lights in Manhatten to be red while a single car drives the
length of the island, stopping at hundreds of buildings along the way. The
traffic lights should all be green at least half of the time, on a chip with
millions of transisitors and millions of possible paths" and I would like to
buy that Civil Engineer a beer :-)
Peter