[Beowulf] Opinions of Hyper-threading?

James Cownie jcownie at cantab.net
Mon Feb 25 14:04:17 PST 2008

On 25 Feb 2008, at 19:40, Geoff Galitz wrote:

> Another thing to consider is that while HT certainly still exists
> in the
> wild, no new systems implement it, hence limited testing.

However, if you believe the The Inquirer, it may be coming back.

"Nehalem is projected as arriving late, supporting two, four and
eight cores, representing four, eight and 16 threads. "

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/02/24/intel-csi-
nehalem-dunnington

(Disclaimer: I work for Intel, but The Inquirer appears to know much
more than me about this :-) (not hard, since I know nothing))
--
-- Jim