[Beowulf] need for an advice on nfs and diskless clients

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Wed Feb 20 15:04:46 PST 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-20 at 11:26 +0100, Maxime Kinet wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm setting up  a cluster, made of diskless workstations, booting
> through NFS. For that purpose I created a copy of the node's
> filesystem in a /tftpboot directory. That is, I have a full filesytem
> for each single
> node : /tftpboot/192.168.1.1, /tftpboot/192.168.1.2, /tftpboot/192.168.1.3,

Why?
Why do you need a separate filesystem for every node?
The approach is to have the SAME filesystem for every node.

> Maxime Kinet
> Université Libre de Bruxelles
> Physique Statistique et Plasmas, CP 231

Do you intend to be at the FOSDEM conference this weekend at ULB?
If anyone else on the Beowulf list is there, see you at the Delirium
Tremens on Friday night. And mine's a Leffe Brune.