[Beowulf] sgi and linux networks

John Leidel john.leidel at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 12:25:16 PST 2008

SGI is not actually picking up the support contracts from their federal
contracts.  It would be up to the customer to purchase [extend] the
contracts to SGI.  I certainly agree with Joe.  This is most certainly an
acquisition of assets, not a merger.  SGI has traditionally been a house of
large compute [for one realm or another].  They're probably tired of being
underbid on machines from cluster manufacturers.  Their answer is, of
course, the ICE product.  Acquiring LNXI technology [specifically in
software] helps SGI to augment this.