[Beowulf] Re: Setting up a new Beowulf cluster

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Wed Feb 13 14:43:57 PST 2008

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008, Mark Hahn wrote:

> then again, a quiet cluster is less impressive when it comes time to impress
> the visitors ;)

Although it is a lot easier to talk to those visitors while showing them
around.  Our server room is at infinity decibels all the time, not from
the cluster nodes but from the AC, which sounds like a 747 as it moves
huge amounts of air around.  It would have been lovely to put the unit
in a room of its own next door, but we couldn't take both spaces.  In
our server room, ear protectors aren't really that crazy.

    rgb