[Beowulf] PVM on wireless...

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Wed Feb 6 13:28:24 PST 2008

On Wed, 6 Feb 2008, Reuti wrote:

> Just an idea to check: PVM can also be started without rsh/ssh between the
> machines. You have to copy and paste some things from here to there and back
> and can startup all daemons this way by hand (page 30 in the PVM book). Maybe
> this works - just to narrow the cause.

I'll look into this, thanks, although the daemon IS started -- the block
it is somewhere after that.  But it is well worth trying anyway.

I also wonder about ports and WAP interactions.  I've got my WAP
configured (AFAICT) as an internal switch, not really as a router.  As
in my laptop get DCHP service from my linux server, not the WAP, which
is flat to broadcasts, has no port filtering on the internal network
etc.

I even ran tcpdump on the problem last time it happened -- maybe I
should try it again.

    rgb