[Beowulf] For grins...India

Nifty Tom Mitchell niftyompi at niftyegg.com
Fri Dec 12 13:24:47 PST 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 12:01:23AM +0100, Vincent Diepeveen wrote:

> What is most interesting from supercomputer viewpoint seen is the
> comments i
> got from some scientists when speaking about climate calculations.
>
> At a presentation at SARA at 11 september 2008 with some bobo's there
> (minister bla bla),i
> there was a few sheets from the North-Atlantic.
>
> It was done in rectangles from 40x40KM.

Interesting... the north Atlantic, If the width of the straits on
the other side of the Arctic is about 60 miles the straits might be
represented by three data points in the model.   Three data points to
ask a global question... seems almost silly from my seat here in the
peanut gallery.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	Found me a new hat, now what?