[Beowulf] Can't unload OpenIB kernel modules during a reboot

Prentice Bisbal prentice at ias.edu
Fri Dec 12 11:32:37 PST 2008

Joe Landman wrote:
> Prentice Bisbal wrote:
>> Any ideas why this script would behave differently during a shutdown?
> Hi Prentice
>   Sounds like a race situation.  Do you have an NFS mount over IPoIB?
> Joe

I do have NFS mounts, but *NOT* through IPoIB. At least they *shouldn't* be.

I don't think that's the problem. If I had NFS mounts over IB, I should
get errors when I shutdown IB by itself with 'service openibd stop'

I have no need for IPoIB at the moment. Is they're any way to confirm
it's not being used, or explicitly disable it.