[Beowulf] Stroustrup regarding multicore

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Thu Aug 28 06:48:50 PDT 2008

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> About 120WPM, though I might be faster at this point. I don't know how
> fast RGB types.

I don't type.  I have perfected a neural interface that slips into a
small socket at the base of my brain.

Unfortunately, this damaged some very important frontal lobe linkages
and I spend far too much time thinking about postings on this list which
just makes the words appear on the screen, damn it, in an unregulated
version of my inner monologue, hmmm, wonder if there is any more coffee
ow my foot hurts damn fleas gotta put something on the dogs again and I
have got to GET SOME WORK DONE too...

So I agree, fun as the topic is (and it isn't as irrelevant as Greg
asserts -- how to best split a budget up between programmers, students
and postdocs, systems, and infrastructure seems within the purview of
the list) I am going to QUIT and start thinking onto the pages of my
Electrodynamics book...

Any further replies will strictly be bot.

   rgb