[Beowulf] Configuring Infiniband on Linux

Anand Vaidya anandvaidya.ml at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 20:25:15 PDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 12:56 AM, Nifty niftyompi Mitch <
niftyompi at niftyegg.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 10:42:23AM -0400, Prentice Bisbal wrote:
> >
> > I will soon be setting up my first cluster that uses Infiniband. I've
> > searched the net, but I haven't found any good tutorials or articles on
> > configuring Infiniband networking on Linux and/or how the Infiniband
> > networking protocol (if that is the correct term) works.
> >
> > Can someone point me to a good guide/tutorial?

For a good theoritical grounding, you can read :

InfiniBand Network Architecture
  by MindShare, Inc.; Tom Shanley
  Publisher: Addison Wesley Professional
  Pub Date: October 31, 2002
  Print ISBN-10: 0-321-11765-4
  Print ISBN-13: 978-0-321-11765-6
  Pages: 1280

It is available on Oreilly's Safari Online Bookshelf.

Regards
Anand