[Beowulf] Stroustrup regarding multicore

Lux, James P james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Aug 26 15:04:07 PDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: beowulf-bounces at beowulf.org [mailto:beowulf-bounces at beowulf.org] On Behalf Of Alan Louis Scheinine
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 2:27 PM
To: Ed Hill
Cc: Beowulf at beowulf.org
Subject: Re: [Beowulf] Stroustrup regarding multicore

I found some useful books in C++, I could not remember the names
because they are at home so I looked in Amazon to jog my memory.

I'm in shock
Search word "C++" (search within Amazon, not Google)
20,176 results
Search word "C++ scientific" (search within Amazon, not Google)
337 results

The wealth of information must be disorientating to a scientist
that wants to learn C++.  Of course, one can read specialized
mailing lists to get more refined recommendations.

Like this one?<grin>