[Beowulf] Infinipath memory parity errors

Dave Love d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Thu Aug 14 03:51:41 PDT 2008

Nifty niftyompi Mitch <niftyompi at niftyegg.com> writes:

> Which driver is active?  Which Infinipath software release
> is installed?  The tool "ipath_control -i" can show which...

QLogic kernel.org driver
 00: Version: Driver 2.0, InfiniPath_QLE7140, InfiniPath1 4.2, PCI 2, SW Compat 2

I think this is a 2.1 distribution, whereas there's at least 2.2 now
available.

> The kernel.org/ofed driver does not have as rich a set of error recovery
> code for this card as the shipped driver.   The recovery code was seen
> as a badness and not accepted by the kernel.org folk....

Hmm...

> With a kernel update the driver will not have been recompiled
> and the kernel.org driver would become active.

[Actually it wasn't just a kernel update -- the SuSE 9.3 system disk was
removed and replaced by a 10.3 one shortly after I arrived, trashing all
the configuration, so I'm a little at sea, without infiniband
experience.]

> Look for this stuff in the Install Guide.
>
> 	#   To rebuild the drivers, do the following (as root):
> 	# cd /usr/src/infinipath/drivers
> 	# ./make-install.sh
> 	# /etc/init.d/infinipath restart

I didn't realize that there's a driver significantly different from the
kernel.org one, and haven't had time to read up enough.  I'll give it a
go when we can restart the relevant nodes.

Many thanks for the info.