[Beowulf] Building new cluster - estimate

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Thu Aug 7 04:26:05 PDT 2008

Gerry Creager wrote:

> Speaking of jumbo frames, I'm seeing a problem on a Broadcom 57xx
> chipset on CentOS 4.3, 2.6.9-67 kernel (yeah, I know) and a tg3 driver.
>  I can't make the thing recognize the ability to use jumbo frames.
> Anyone got a fix?

Had a very similar issue some time ago with tg3 on Broadcom chipset NICs
(57xx).  The only solution we could find was to not use jumbo frames.
The preventative measure we take as a result of this is also to
recommend using Intel NICs (and a few others) over Broadcom whenever
possible.

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO