[Beowulf] fftw2, mpi, from 32 bit to 64 and fortran

Ricardo Reis rreis at aero.ist.utl.pt
Fri Aug 1 10:36:47 PDT 2008

  which means... segfault.

  Hi all

  I've scourged the net for answers to no avail and the fftw project seems
to have grinded to a halt. Maybe someone has had this problem and can
throw some light.

  I've coded a small program that reads a vorticity field, uses FFTW2 to
send it from the physical to the spectral space and then computes its
energy spectrum. Everything works in my laptop (32 bit, Linux), serial,
threaded and mpi (using openmpi). In a 64 bit machine the mpi version
kaputs. Any thoughts?

  Ricardo Reis

  'Non Serviam'

  PhD student @ Lasef
  Computational Fluid Dynamics, High Performance Computing, Turbulence
  http://www.lasef.ist.utl.pt

  &

  Cultural Instigator @ Rádio Zero
  http://www.radiozero.pt