[Beowulf] Re: Building new cluster - estimate (Ivan, Oleynik)

Maurice Hilarius maurice at harddata.com
Fri Aug 1 06:48:49 PDT 2008

Chris Samuel <csamuel at vpac.org> wrote:

..
>> > BTW< where a lot of people are jumping on the "Get IPMI "
>> > bandwagon, I suggest getting PDUs with remote IP controlled
>> > ports is more useful.
>>

> Well, it depends on what you're trying to do, if it's get
> the system and CPU temperatures then a PDU isn't much cop..  :)

True, but on most boards lm_sensors will do that for you for free..

--
With our best regards,

//Maurice W. Hilarius         Telephone: 01-780-456-9771/
/Hard Data Ltd.                FAX:          01-780-456-9772/
/11060 - 166 Avenue         email:maurice at harddata.com/
/Edmonton, AB, Canada         http://www.harddata.com//
/     T5X 1Y3/
/