[Beowulf] TORQUE issues

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 11:21:46 PDT 2008

On 4/12/08, Lance S. Jacobsen <lance at gohypersonic.com> wrote:

> PBS_Server: pbsd_init(setup_nodes), token "2of12" doesn't start with alpha
> on line 1.

Lance,
Yes, that line specifically means the command pbsd_init requires that the
name of the parameter, the character string "2of12", begin with a letter of
the alphabet. "Token" refers to the character string name.
The practical rules for file naming are stricter than the rules enforced by
any one program. NTFS, for example, allows white space in file names, but
that breaks some NT (XP, etc) commands; e.g.
cd "documents and settings"\desktop
requires the quote marks for cd to parse correctly.  I can't test it right
now but I'm sure that some shells would be confused by
echo "foo" >2bar
would think you mean stderr and then a file named "bar", not a file named
"2bar".
So yes, rename the nodes. In unix everything is a file :-)
Peter