[Beowulf] How Can Microsoft's HPC Server Succeed?

Gilad Shainer Shainer at mellanox.com
Wed Apr 2 16:55:53 PDT 2008

According to the latest reports from IDC and others, the HPC server
market is 20% of the total server market, and it is fast growing
segment. Will reach 30% in 2 years or less. The virtualization effect
helps with this % increase as it reduces the number of servers in the
EDC segment. You can also check IDC report on InfiniBand - it is growing
fast, and one of the reasons is the growth of the HPC market. The HPC
market is not small at all, and it is growing very fast. This is the
reason driving the big vendors.

Gilad.