[Beowulf] small-footprint MS WIn "MinWin"

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 11:01:59 PDT 2007

Brian,
I think the ratio of performance cost (for the VM) to performance capacity
(of the core hardware) is tending to zero over the long haul.
Recall the time when people said "distributed computing would be trivial if
you could boot unix on every node, ha ha"? It was a reductio ad absurdum.
Then.
OTOH what Moore Giveth, Gates Taketh Away. But maybe not entirely with the
MiniWin.
Peter