[Beowulf] Teaching Scientific Computation (looking for the perfect text)

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 14:59:58 PST 2007

gcc, vi, fvwm, tcsh, sdb. Life is perfect.
I permit emacs, bash etc for those with eccentric tastes.
I would install Eclipse and/or SlickEdit for students :-)
I would never think of dictating the editor unless I were teaching
editors. If they want to do everyting with sed and ex that's fine. A
problem with some IDEs is that they don't permit editor choices.
Slickedit does.
But I'm not hip with modern freeware IDEs.
Peter