[Beowulf] ssh connection problem

Ruhollah Moussavi Baygi ruhollah.mb at gmail.com
Sun May 27 01:47:54 PDT 2007

Hi everybody at Beowulf,

I have a serious problem with ssh connection to our cluster. Every
hint/help/suggestion, which can help me to solve it, is highly appreciated.

Most of the time, when users want to connect and run their programs from
their own PCs, the ssh connection failed, especially during transfer files
from/to head-node. Our user's PCs are mainly WindowsXP, so they use packages
like SSH Secure Shell for connection and file transfer, or Putty for
connection and WinSCP for file transfer.

The error massage is as follows:

'Disconnecting: Corrupted MAC on input'
<http://www.google.com/history/url?url=http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php%3Ft%3D202076&ei=wkJZRsGfHZf-0gTehKXrDQ&sig2=lIzQGYq3zN0Tz2EC8b4dAw&zx=JGkABbsjtaA&ct=w>

or

'Disconnecting: bad packet
length...<http://www.google.com/search?q=disconnecting:+bad+packet+length+from+windows+to+linux+machine&hl=en>',
  followed by a long integer.

This problem has practically made our cluster unusable. So, I would be
thankful for any coming advice.
--
Best,
Ruhollah Moussavi Baygi