[Beowulf] Quick question... on Fortran

Tom Elken elken at pathscale.com
Thu May 10 15:10:20 PDT 2007

From: "Brian Dobbins" <brian.dobbins at yale.edu>
Subject: Re: [Beowulf] Quick question... on Fortran
To: "Robert G. Brown" <rgb at phy.duke.edu>

---------------

rgb wrote:
> I'd be happy
> for answers for more than one compiler, of course -- I'd guess that e.g.
> pathscale might have a greater capacity than e.g. gfortran than g77
> legacy...

PathScale also supports -mcmodel=medium for large arrays, and I think gcc
originated that flag name, so I would guess that gfortran supports it as well.

pathf95 also supports the -i8 flag.  If you need a math library to support large
arrays with i8-type indices, when you download the PathScale version of ACML
from AMD, you can choose the "PathScale 64-bit Int64" version.  I would guess
that Intel's MKL also has a version that supports 64bit integer arrays.

-Tom