[Beowulf] Cell programming

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Sun Mar 25 22:19:18 PDT 2007

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007, Tim Wilcox wrote:

> The API, as far as I have read it, does not have nice routines for message
> passing between the SPUs, you have to set up your own memory transfers or
> address remote memory directly using the MFC.

FWIW the Charm++ folks are working on supporting Cell.   They had a poster on
it at SC06 (which I missed, I don't know if exhibitors could get into that
part).

http://sc06.supercomputing.org/schedule/event_detail.php?evid=5257

There's also a 28MB PDF (possibly this poster) that's been mentioned on the
list before, but having found it once I can't find it again now I need the
URL!

cheers,
Chris