[Beowulf] Performance characterising a HPC application

Gilad Shainer Shainer at mellanox.com
Thu Mar 22 11:33:40 PDT 2007

People doing their homework test their applications and decide
accordingly. There are several centers that provide free run time
For that purpose. In your case, maybe your customers prefer your 2G
over your 10G, but I am really not sure if most of the HPC users
are buying more 2G rather than other faster I/O solutions.....

All the real applications performance that I saw show that IB 10
and 20Gb/s provide much higher performance results comparing to
your 2G, and clearly better price/performance. This is a good
indication that applications require more bandwidth than 2G.