[Beowulf] Resources for starting a Beowulf Cluster

A Lenzo alenzo at mail.rochester.edu
Tue Jun 19 12:07:01 PDT 2007

Hello all,

I am new to Linux and need help with the setup of my Beowulf Cluster.  Can
anyone suggest a few good resources?  I currently have 1 master node and 2
slave nodes, but now I am not sure how to proceed.  For starters, I would
like to be able to create a user account on the master node and have it
appear on the slave nodes.  I've figured out that the first step is to copy
over several files as follows:

/etc/group
/etc/passwd
/etc/shadow

And this lets me now log into any node with a given password, but the home
directory of that given user does not carry over.

All comments welcome!

Thanks!
A Lenzo

PS - I am using Fedora Core 6.