[Beowulf] tftp permission denied

Craig Tierney ctierney at hypermall.net
Sat Jun 2 21:11:10 PDT 2007

fahad saeed wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am trying to install Fedora Core 6 using network(since i only have 1
> cd rom installed on the head node and no cdrom/flopy drive on the slave
> node...)so
>
> I used this how-to to configure my tftp server and all seems to go well...
>
> http://www.opensourcehowto.org/how-t...a-install.html
> <http://www.opensourcehowto.org/how-to/tftp/tftp--pxe--syslinux--fedora-install.html>
>

> Now the problem is that when i boot my slave node and 'command' it boot
> from the network (using Intel boot Boot Agent 1.1.07) I get this error
>
> PXE -T00 permission denied
> PXE -E36 error received from tftp server
>
> Although the slave node does recognises the master node and its ip etc....
>

> Any Help would be highly appreciable as I have no idea what to do next...
>
> Thanks in advance...and please help !!
>
> Fahad

Have you tried to copy the file via tftp from the server node:

# tftp localhost
# get "blah"

See if that works.

I was seeing something similar to this on RHEL5 this past week.
I haven't got an answer yet, but it seemed that I could only
transfer files that ended in .bin.  I wonder if it is a security
or selinux issue, but I haven't tracked it down yet.

Craig