[Beowulf] Mobo battery life in constantly on systems?

andrew holway andrew at moonet.co.uk
Fri Jul 27 17:03:24 PDT 2007

Once you break the seal on a battery pack they start to degrade, react
with the air etc.

I seem to remember someone telling me about breaking the electrical
seal on a battery, once you start it, it reacts away to its self at a
low rate. Bit like a bottle of water, crack open the top and it will
evaporate over time. I think its the conductivity of the moisture in
the air maybe?