[Beowulf] Virtualization

andrew holway andrew at moonet.co.uk
Thu Jul 26 02:52:49 PDT 2007

I was thinking of something more dynamic. Consider three large
websites running in separate VM's (or perhaps more likely VPS's) on a
cluster. At any one time the cluster is running at an average of 70%
capacity. One website is European, one is American and one is Indian.
They all have differing peak times. Could you dynamically allocate
resources so that the environments expand and contract to suit the
needs of the site.

Andy