[Beowulf] purse strings

Lombard, David N dnlombar at ichips.intel.com
Wed Jul 25 07:57:38 PDT 2007

On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 02:58:12PM +0100, andrew holway wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If a large organisation is thinking about purchasing a HPC machine who
> would make the final decision. Who would you be pointing your
> marketing towards?

There are three types of people involved in this process in such an
organization:

1) The people (or person) that will evaluate the technical material, and
   recommend a decision
2) The person (or people) that will make the *final* decision
3) The person that will sign the check.

Whom you address, how, and with what material is well beyond the scope of
this, or any, email list.

> Do you think this differs from academia to the commercial sector?

Yes

--
David N. Lombard, Intel, Irvine, CA
I do not speak for Intel Corporation; all comments are strictly my own.