[Beowulf] Sidebar: Vista Rant

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 15:20:02 PDT 2007

Well, if one were to accept my thesis that the principle design criterion of
MS OS's (since about Win98) is market share (as oppsed to, developement
environment, for unix; real-time processing, for OS9; fault-tolerance, for
Tandem, etc) and if you define adware as willingly downloaded by the user
with presumed limited grasp of negative, but legal, ramifications, then
Vista is precisely Adware.
Peter