[Beowulf] Sidebar: Vista Rant

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Fri Jul 20 00:28:56 PDT 2007

Jim Lux wrote:

> That's it.. a Vista PC is a TV/DVD player that can also run office
> applications.
>
> (I do find humorous all the references to viewing medical imagery
> simultaneously with watching protected HD-DVD content.  Yeah, that's
> what *I* want the radiologist  on call doing.. watching a movie while
> he/she studies my CAT scan.)

Jim, I might be wrong, but this comment may be an aside addressed at
some articles which came out before Vistas launch, discussing how when
non-approved media contect had been viewed on a PC the graphics card
would be deliberately clocked down. Then if the PC were used to view
medical images by a clinician there would be a degredation of image quality.
I'm sure I remember reading such an article.

--
      John Hearns
      Senior HPC Engineer