[Beowulf] Nvidia Tesla GPU clusters?

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Wed Jul 18 10:04:39 PDT 2007

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007, Greg Lindahl wrote:

>> Holy Transputer, Batman!
>>
>> Somehow I feel like I've passed this way before...
>
> Adjust our TV set. This is like an array processor, not the transputer.

I meant generically.  "Add this device to your regularly scheduled PC,
use our MicroWay cross compiler with its nifty tools and libraries
(purchased separately), and get 80 MFLOPs" as I very crudely remember
the ad.

I suppose I do have most of the first three or four years of PC magazine
and PC World magazine piled up in my office (figuring that one day
they'll be collector's items:-).  I might be able to go find a MicroWay
ad and get the exact quote for the transputer, quadputer, i860 card.
The latter is probably the best fit, but the idea is still the same.

    rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu