[Beowulf] Nvidia Tesla GPU clusters?

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Wed Jul 18 09:24:48 PDT 2007

Robert G. Brown wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Jul 2007, Jim Lux wrote:
>
>> http://www.nvidia.com/object/tesla_computing_solutions.html
>
> Holy Transputer, Batman!
>
> Somehow I feel like I've passed this way before...
>
> As before, it looks very cool and promises amazing performance.  But in
> spite of it basically being (I expect) a repackaging of their existing
> GPU hardware, I'll bet it ain't cheap.
It is indeed - take a close look at it. It looks like a double-width
graphics card. Without the graphics connector.

Takes a lot of power too - I would nudge anyone thinking of going for
these seriously to look at the external box with the ribbon cable
connector. If an internal fit, you'll need a case with the room for a
card like that plus a beefy PSU.