[Beowulf] Watts Up Pro

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Sun Jul 15 05:09:20 PDT 2007

Mark Hahn wrote:

>> I see some that are battery powered and have Windoze programs,
>> ideally it would be powered by USB and readable from Linux, so you
>> could leave it plugged in your cluster...
>
> I've used 1-wire (dallas) before.  the cluster I sit next to reports
>>2000 temperature sensors, so haven't felt the urge to add any.
> it _would_ be pretty neat to instrument the chillers, to calculate
> the heat load on each, etc.

We use the 1-wire DS1820s and lots of them.  We've got all kinds of
areas instrumented with these - air intakes, air outlets, whathaveyou.

I've also used the IOM142 controller :

http://www.phanderson.com/iom142/iom142.html

on various minor jobs that involved controlling of a fan or something.

/Per Jessen, Zürich