[Beowulf] Watts Up Pro

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Sun Jul 15 20:18:24 PDT 2007

On Sun, Jul 15, 2007 at 08:03:09PM -0700, Michael Lewis wrote:

> The vendor documents the protocol here (again, mine is serial and not USB,
> so YYMV):
> https://www.wattsupmeters.com/comprotocol.pdf

I see the USB version of this doc is

https://www.wattsupmeters.com/Communications_Protocol_v442-1.pdf

I'm not familiar with usb serial devices but I don't think they're
that hard.

> The ability to hook it up in the machine room, and be able to run tests and
> collect data without having to stay in the machine room alone is worth the
> extra cost above the Kill-A-Watt, IMO.

Yeah, I'm probaby going to get a couple of Kill-a-watts to walk around
with, but I'll leave a WattsUp plugged into a typical server for a
long time.

-- g