[Beowulf] power usage, Intel 5160 vs. AMD 2216

Jim Lux James.P.Lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Jul 13 16:53:34 PDT 2007

At 04:14 PM 7/13/2007, Chris Samuel wrote:
>On Sat, 14 Jul 2007, Lombard, David N wrote:
>
> > Amen, brother. Â Don's comments on PS efficiency are highly relevant,
> > and the kill-a-watt takes that all into account. Â There's also a spiffier
> > (and more expensive) model that logs the reading for later analysis.
>
>I wish I could find an alternative as cheap here in Australia - talking to a
>lecturer I know who looks into these things it appears the cheapest he's
>found is an order of magnitude more expensive here.. :-(

The Kill-A-Watt is available in a 220V 50Hz
version. Might have to cobble a plug/receptacle
that works depending on your local style.. the
220V ones I've seen have the round plugs and I
think you have the slanted blades in Australia.

some googling might find a source.
It's actually the  P4400 from the mfr: P3
International, but the mfr doesn't sell direct,
however, an inquiry to them might turn up a domestic retailer.