[Beowulf] power usage, Intel 5160 vs. AMD 2216

Glen Gardner gardner at backserv.gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Jul 12 10:34:28 PDT 2007

450 watts peak is not too far off from what I've experienced.

two AMD socket F dual core cpu's on a TYAN Thunder n3600M S2932GNR
motherboard.

Max startup power use: 330W

Idle power use after OS boot: 200W

Maximum power use during heavy file I/O to raid
(using io_bench.c): 271W

Max power use during an MPI pheapsort.c run (11 processes): 351W

estimated max continuous power use (heavy I/O & cpu use): 422W

Glen