[Beowulf] power usage, Intel 5160 vs. AMD 2216

Mike Davis jmdavis1 at vcu.edu
Thu Jul 12 10:14:09 PDT 2007

Donald,

I have spun up Sun x4100 dual core, dual processor to 100% processor
usage and normal HD writes and measured the actually powerusage at 267
watts. Obviously higher than normal HD usage (such as swapping) would
drive the number up, but I was very pleased with these results as well
as those of the x2200 machines.

These tests were made with CentOS 4 installed.

Mike Davis