[Beowulf] static pvm library won't link anymore

David Mathog mathog at caltech.edu
Fri Jul 6 09:55:06 PDT 2007

> If so, is there anything else that needs to be done beyond
> rebuilding PVM (applications and library)?

Silly me, I assumed that since it used to be just "make" and it would
build it would still be that easy.

Unfortunately 3.4.5 throws about a zillion compilation
errors on Mandriva 2007.1 with gcc 4.1.2.  It's missing all sorts
of includes (unistd.h, stdlib.h) and has some funky extern declarations
that this recent gcc is mighty unhappy with. Before I reinvent the wheel
fixing all these problems, do any of you have a copy of 3.4.5 with
these changes already applied?

Thanks,

David Mathog
mathog at caltech.edu